Integration with DotCover ?

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Hello,

AgUnit is really a life saver for TDD... I couldn't even start to imagine what it would be like to always run a browser to run my unit tests.

I still have a question though : Is there any plan to get AgUnit to play nice with jetBrains' coverage tool DotCover which uses the Resharper Unit test runner ?

at the moment, the way to go is to use this workaround, but it involves a few extra step and the coverage testing is not as streamlined with a Silverlight test coverage analysis as it is with a regular .Net application. or with a simple Silverlight/AgUnit unit test run.

Any thoughts ?

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Hi

Thanks for the interest in AgUnit. I have developed it for the same reasons as you mention. I can't imagine going back to running the tests in a browser, have you ever tried debugging a specific unit test with the test runner from the silverlight toolkit ?

As for the dotCover integration, it definitely sounds like it should be possible. The biggest amount of work will be the R# integration, as there is no API documentation. The only real documentation we have is Reflector, there is the dotCover support for regular .NET as an example.

I don't see this happening to be implemented in the near future. There are more important features I should be working on to make AgUnit more usable. I also don't have access to a dotCover license, so I would be limited to the trial edition.

If you don't mind to get your hands dirty and you can spare some time to contribute it, I would be happy to help out.

Greetings,

Steven De Kock

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:07 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Hello,

I'm going to contact the guys at JetBrains, see if they can provide some information about how we could make things work, as it's difficult for me to know where to start, I guess the missing part shouldn't be too big since dotCover is based on the R# test runner and that you already wrote your provider for this very same test runner.

also, there is the possibility for you as you have an opensource project to get free licences for JetBrains' products, such as dotCover, see the licensing page : http://www.jetbrains.com/dotcover/buy/index.jsp

I would be really glad if I could give a hand on this project, I'll just need to know a little bit more about what the problem is, and in order to do so, I think talking with the guys at JetBrains would be very usefull. As a side note, I know they are already working on the issue for the next release of dotCover, so I really think we all want to achieve the same goal and we could definitely join our forces :)

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Fabio

Edit : an issue was posted on JetBrains' tracker : http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/DCVR-1395

Jul 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Has there been any movement on this?  It's the only piece of the puzzle I'm missing right now.

Thanks,
Brian 

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM

It's on my todo-list after we've finished the migration to ReSharper 6.

If you want to help me out, feel free to contribute. I can help you get started.

Greetings,

Steven

Jul 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Sure, I'll take a swing at it.  Email me any info I need to get started to bkapellusch@gmail.com

Thanks,
Brian 

Aug 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Any further progress on this?

Thx

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Not yet, sorry.

There's still some issues that need to be fixed before I'm starting on this.

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Any further updates for dotcover support?
Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM
I'll see what I can do ...

I'm not a user of dotCover and dotTrace myself.
Jul 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Hi SDeKock,

Any news on dotCover support?

Thanks