AgUnit stops working after a while

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:05 PM

I've noticed that as I use AgUnit (both with v .1 and .2), periodically it will simply stop working. So, for example, when clicking "Silverlight Debug" the Resharper test runner will show the test name with a strike-through line, and just won't do anything. Restarting Visual Studio always fixes the problem. Is this a known issue? Is there any workaround besides restarting VS?

Coordinator
Feb 8, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Hi,

To run unit tests, resharper startups on an external process. It's probably this process hanging. Most of the times this is due to an error thrown in AgUnit.

Open task manager and see if there is a JetBrains.ReSharper.TaskRunner.exe running. If so, just kill it. The testrun should work fine after that.

Greetings,

Steven

Mar 10, 2011 at 10:57 AM

hi, i'm seeing the exact same issue, after a few successful runs the tests  begin to appear crossed out (strike-through) in the test runner and agunit is unusable - I have to restart VS. Have checked and there is no JetBrains.ReSharper.TaskRunner.exe process running (though I am using resharper)

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM

There is a bug currently with AgUnit 0.2 where the test run is not started in certain cases. This might be what you are seeing.

If you're trying to run from the test bullet menu, try to run from the "Run unit tests" option either on the code or on your file and vice versa ...