Unable to use AgUnit, error on startup

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:40 AM

When i start visual studio i get this error and then resharpen seems to disable this plugin

---------------------------ReSharper – Plugins---------------------------
The plugin “AgUnit 0.3 for R# 5.1.3” failed to load and was disabled.

Can't find anchor control with ID UnitTest.ContextDebug

---------------------------OK   ---------------------------

If i re-enable it and try to run a test i get this error

---------------------------ReSharper---------------------------

Unit Test Runner failed to load test assembly:JetBrains.ReSharper.TaskRunnerFramework.TaskException: Failed to write to an IPC Port: The pipe is being closed.

---------------------------OK   ---------------------------

Any idea what might be causing this?

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Hi nitro52,

Sorry for the late response, I haven't found the time to answer you yet.

This error is due to a problem with the context menu items AgUnit adds.
I've seen this only on 1 install before, one with a lot of visual studio add-ins (coderush, rockscroll, ...).
I managed only to fix it by creating a custom build of AgUnit that doesn't add the menu items.

If you're still interested, I'll send you a build, just let me know.
You can do it yourself, if you want, by finding the Actions.xml file in the code, and just empty it.

The new upcoming version of AgUnit for ReSharper 6 will work differently, and it should solve this problem too. 

Greetings,

Steven

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:40 PM

I am getting this error as well , even after removing most of the other vs.net extensions and reinstalling a clean resharper.

I removed the Actions and built a new assembly. Resharper now loads the plugin but the error "Failed to write to an IPC Port"  still occurs when i try to run the tests.

Do you have any indication when the resharper 6 rewrite can be expected ? Looking forward to checking it out !

Keep up the good work, this plugin is really useful.

With regards,

Anders H.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Hi,

I have no idea why you are getting the "Failed to write to an IPC Port" error. Are you getting it with non-Silverlight tests ?
Try running Visual Studio as Administrator and see if that helps.

For the ReSharper 6 rewrite, I'm putting it up on GitHub this evening (I'm on UTC+2).

I'm still working on these points:

- Silverlight debugging (have to copy this from 0.3)
- Performance issues (takes +- 10 min to run 3000 tests)
- Reporting test timings
- NUnit support 

I'm going to be putting online early builds on GitHub, hopefully starting this evening.

Greetings,

Steven

Jul 12, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Yes I am running VS.et as admin, and on silverilght tests.

Very glad to hear your progress on the new version :) Looking forward to trying it out.

With regards,

Anders H.

Jul 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Hm this is almost embarrassing :)

After fixing/clearing my Actions.xml, I went in to reset my projects to use the older ways of running tests ( I had almost forgotten how). Amongst other things setting my silverlight test project as startup project.

And by doing so agUnit started working again as well.

Still looking forward to your next version though! :)

With regards,

Anders H.

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Pretty strange,

None of our projects here have the silverlight tests, or even any Silverlight app set as startup project.

I'm pretty sure you have to use a silverlight application project instead of a silverlight class library project for your tests though.

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

The 0.4 release is now available.
Use the download button on the main page.

This should get rid of the menu actions bug.