AgUnit seems to break "Navigate To" in Resharper 6

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:53 AM

I installed AgUnit 0.4 yesterday before heading home from work. Today I noticed that Resharper would not respond to Alt+\ (Navigate To). I tried to map it to other key combos too without luck. After a while I disabled AgUnit and Navigate To worked like a charm again.

Am I really the only one experiencing this and if so, what the heck have I done wrong? ;) I unblocked the zip file and copied the contents to the bin\plugins folder for Resharper. 

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Hi,

No idea how this can have anything to do with AgUnit, but I'll try to find out.

In the meantime, you can try starting Visual Studio with these command line arguments:

/ReSharper.LogFile "C:\resharper.log" /ReSharper.LogLevel Verbose

This will create a log file of ReSharper in C:\resharper.log. Check if there are any exceptions logged when you use Navigate To. If there are, let me know. 

Greetings,

Steven

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:30 AM

This seems to be the exception when I use Navigate To. Looks like UnitTestManager.ProviderEnabled might be a candidate:

12:24:07.491: Thread:1: EXCEPTION: An exception has occurred during action 'NavigateTo' update Object reference not set to an instance of an object.An exception has occurred during action 'NavigateTo' update Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
--- EXCEPTION #1/2 [NullReferenceException]Message = “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”ExceptionPath = Root.InnerExceptionClassName = System.NullReferenceExceptionHResult = COR_E_NULLREFERENCE=E_POINTER=80004003Source = JetBrains.ReSharper.UnitTestFrameworkStackTraceString = “  at JetBrains.ReSharper.UnitTestFramework.UnitTestManager.ProviderEnabled(IUnitTestProvider provider)     at JetBrains.ReSharper.UnitTestFramework.UnitTestManager.<Explore>b__1f(IUnitTestFileExplorer explorer)     at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()     at JetBrains.ReSharper.UnitTestFramework.UnitTestManager.Explore(IFile file, CheckForInterrupt interrupt, UnitTestElementConsumer consumer)     at JetBrains.ReSharper.UnitTestFramework.UnitTestManager.GetElements(IDocument document, TextRange documentRange, CheckForInterrupt checkForInterrupt, UnitTestElementConsumer consumer)     at JetBrains.ReSharper.UnitTestExplorer.OpenUnitTestExplorerNavigationProvider.IsAvailable(IDataContext context)     at JetBrains.ReSharper.UnitTestExplorer.OpenUnitTestExplorerNavigationProvider.<CreateWorkflow>d__3.MoveNext()     at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()     at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)     at JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.ActionsMenu.ExtensibleAction`3.<>c__DisplayClass4.<GetWorkflowListToExecute>b__1(TWorkflowProvider workflowProvider)     at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext()     at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()     at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)     at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)     at JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.ActionsMenu.ExtensibleAction`3.GetWorkflowListToExecute(IDataContext dataContext)     at JetBrains.ReSharper.Feature.Services.ActionsMenu.ExtensibleAction`3.Update(IDataContext context, ActionPresentation presentation, DelegateUpdate nextUpdate)     at JetBrains.ActionManagement.UpdatableAction.Update(IDataContext context)”
--- Outer ---

--- EXCEPTION #2/2 [LoggerException]Message = “An exception has occurred during action 'NavigateTo' update Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”ExceptionPath = RootClassName = JetBrains.Util.LoggerExceptionInnerException = “Exception #1 at Root.InnerException”HResult = COR_E_APPLICATION=80131600StackTraceString = “  at JetBrains.ActionManagement.UpdatableAction.Update(IDataContext context)     at JetBrains.ActionManagement.ActionManager.<>c__DisplayClass9.<UpdateAction>b__8(Lifetime lifetime)     at JetBrains.DataFlow.Lifetimes.Using[TRetVal](Func`2 F)     at JetBrains.ActionManagement.ActionManager.UpdateAction(IUpdatableAction action, IDataContext dataContext)     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.ActionManagement.VsActionManager.UpdateAction(IUpdatableAction action, IDataContext dataContext)     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.ActionManagement.VsActionManager.OleCommandTargetQueryStatus_Product(String actionid, OLECMDTEXT* pOleText)     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.ActionManagement.VsActionManager.<>c__DisplayClass26.<OleCommandTargetQueryStatus>b__25()     at JetBrains.Threading.ReentrancyGuard.Execute(String name, Action action)     at JetBrains.Threading.ReentrancyGuard.TryExecute(String name, Action action)     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.ActionManagement.VsActionManager.OleCommandTargetQueryStatus(Guid guidCmdSet, OLECMD[] olecmds, OLECMDTEXT* pOleText, VsCommandHandlerStage stage)     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.ActionManagement.VsActionManager.<Init>b__55(Guid& ref, UInt32 cmds, OLECMD[] cmd, OLECMDTEXT* text)     at JetBrains.VsIntegration.Package.VsPackageSdkStub.Microsoft.VisualStudio.OLE.Interop.IOleCommandTarget.QueryStatus(Guid& guidGroup, UInt32 nCmdId, OLECMD[] oleCmd, IntPtr oleText)”

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Thanks.

It looks related to the problem described in this issue: http://agunit.codeplex.com/workitem/6449

I'll take a look at it. I'll try to have a fix ready later today or tomorrow.

Are you running any ReSharper plugins other than AgUnit ?

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Cool, thanks.

And no, no other plugins besides AgUnit.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 9:46 AM

This has been fixed in the AgUnit 0.4.1 release.

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Verified. Thanks! \o/