Cant get anything to show up

Aug 3, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Hi, I have copied the assemblies into the resharper bin\plugins folder, i have unblocked everything.  When i run visual studio and look in resharpers plugins i see the plugin there and its checked.  I am using the version of nunit for silverlight that the downloads page links to.

However i do not see anything at all about the plugin running.  I dont get the additional context menu option and i still cant run my silverlight unit tests in resharper.  Is there some fundamental thing with using agunit that im missing to get it working?

The way we have used nunit for silverlight in the past was to not test against anything that required the silverlight application to be running, so they are just straight dll tests without a running context and in our build the nunit test runner runs against as just normal dll tests just as if they were .net.  Maybe that has something to do with why i dont see anything at all?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:06 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM

There's an issue with AgUnit 0.4 that seems to target some people:

http://agunit.codeplex.com/workitem/6449

You might be affected as well, I'm working on getting a fix out ASAP.

AgUnit 0.4 doesn't use the extra context menu item anymore, you can use "Debug unit tests" now instead of the "Silverlight debug unit tests" that was available with AgUnit 0.3.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2011 at 3:10 PM

we also just figured out that we ran into the issue where the tests projects need to be silverlight applications.  we have multiple tests projects to encapsulate tests for modules and once we changed one over to be a silverlight application it started working again for that project

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Yes, there's also an issue for that:

http://agunit.codeplex.com/discussions/266737

Although I personally recommend using Silverlight applications instead of class libraries for your test projects.
It provides better control over what you want to have included in the test .xap file.
And if you ever want to go back to the Silverlight toolkit unit test runner, they need to be applications too. 

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 8:16 AM

The first issue has been fixed in the AgUnit 0.4.1 release.