AgUnit for ReSharper 6.1 EAP?

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:42 AM

I know it's bleeding edge, but will there be a release anytime soon for ReSharper 6.1 EAP? 

Hopefully the release of the ReSharper SDK will make development easier for you guys.

Also would be keen to know if dotCover integration is on the horizon as well - we manually run Silverlight tests but it would be truly awesome to be able to do this in the Test Runner and see coverage results as per .NET tests.

Thanks!

Sam

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Hi Sam,

Thanks for using AgUnit, I'm glad to hear people like the work I've put in it.

Supporting AgUnit on ReSharper 6.1 should only be a matter of recompiling against the newer ReSharper dlls.
Unless the ReSharper API has breaking changes, but that usually doesn't happen.

I'll try to work on it as soon as I can. You can always help out if you're up to it.

As for the dotCover integration, I have not yet made any progress.
I'll investigate that as well when I can. The people from JetBrains told me it would be easy ...

Kind regards,

Steven

Nov 23, 2011 at 8:26 PM

I tried to compile AgUnit against 6.1 EAP build 11493 and found that the API has changed. I finally got it building but my tests didn't fully run. Do you have an documentation on how their runner works? Reflector helps with the code, but JetBrains doesn't comment anything. Apparently 6.1 can run Silverlight tests without any plugin.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Edited Nov 23, 2011 at 8:35 PM

ReSharper 6.1 can run silverlight tests just like ReSharper 4 and 5 could: by running it in the .NET desktop runtime. There was a bug in R# 6 that made this fail. 
So in a lot of situations it will just not work ...

There is no (complete) API documentation. That is the fun part of ReSharper plugin development :)
AgUnit even uses a lot of private code reflection. What AgUnit does is not officially supported by the ReSharper Open API.
The ReSharper SDK also does not change this. The SDK is just a set of templates/reference assemblies to help you get started.

I'll try to look into it as soon as I can, which will probably be saturday.

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Hi,

The latest code on GitHub supports SL5 and R# 6.1.1. A new release is soon to follow.

Please follow this thread: http://agunit.codeplex.com/discussions/283802

Greetings,

Steven

Coordinator
May 28, 2012 at 10:06 PM

It's here, AgUnit 0.5.

With support for SL 5 / R# 6.1.1 & 7 EAP.