Support for ReSharper 81?

Mar 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM
Environment:
  • Win 8.1 Enterprise
  • Visual Studio 2013 Premium
  • ReSharper 8.1.23.546 C# edition
  • Running VS as "Administrator"
Can't seem to get AgUnit working with Silverlight 5, VS 2013 and ReSharper 81. Is this not supported?

I've read through what info there is on how to get started (proper documentation would help) and realized this:
  • Even with Silverlight Toolkit december 2011 there is no "Silverlight Test Project" template in Visual Studio 2013.
  • However, with the toolkit the proper references can be added from (in my case) C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v5.0\Toolkit\dec11\Testing:
    -- Microsoft.Silverlight.Testing 5.0.5.0
    -- Visual Studio Unit Testing Metadata 5.0.5.0
  • Using ReSharper's VS menu > Extension Manager and installing AgUnit gives no errors, but the plugin is then not available under ReSharper > Options > Plugins.
    -- Checking "Show additional developer information" tells me it found something for AgUnit but no error.
So I tried downloading AgUnit manually and extracting it to C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v8.1\Bin\Plugins (added that folder, ensured it's security was loose).
  • AgUnit is now available under ReSharper > Options > Plugins, but with a yellow WARNING sign. Checking details I get:
The file “C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v8.1\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit-0.8-for-ReSharper-8.0\AgUnit.Runner.Resharper80.dll” references product version 8.0 which is incompatible with currently running 8.1

The file “C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v8.1\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit-0.8-for-ReSharper-8.0\AgUnit.Runner.Resharper80.TaskRunner.dll” references product version 8.0 which is incompatible with currently running 8.1

At this point I can't proceed. Ideas?
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2014 at 4:35 PM
AgUnit does not support ReSharper 8.1.
I haven't gotten around to updating it. I'm not using it myself anymore.
I will probably update it directly to ReSharper 8.2 which will be released soon.

See: https://agunit.codeplex.com/discussions/473458
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Hi SDeKock,

Do you still have plans to update AgUnit to work with ReSharper 8.2? My team has found it invaluable for our project. We just updated to VS2013 & ReSharper 8.2 and this is the only stumbling block we've hit in our upgrade. I don't know of any other way to run individual Silverlight tests via Visual Studio?
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Hi,

Last week I updated the code to support R# 8.2. I just have to find the time to package and release it.

And ewwww, Telerik ...
Apr 16, 2014 at 10:14 AM
Sounds great SDeKock, I look forward to the release.
Apr 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I'm really looking forward to this as well. Thanks for all of the work.
May 2, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Hi SDeKock, we are looking forward to R#8.2 AgUnit support as well, is there a release date we can wait for?
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM
The release for ReSharper 8.2 is available on the Extension Gallery (In Visual Studio: RESHARPER > Extension Manager...).

As I no longer use this myself in a professional environment anymore, I have not been able to test this thoroughly.
Please notify me of any issues.