WebContext with AGUnit

May 11, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Hi All

I am fairly new to AG Unit so my apologies if I get something wrong :)

I have a set of tests that we normally run through the standard Silverlight test framework which we are looking to run through resharper using AGUnit.

The functionality they test communicates with a set of RIA WCF services.

To function, they require the WebContext to be initialized to do things like user authentication.

Normally, the test framework runs through the App.xaml file which initializes this class. With AGUnit it does not seem to be running through this and skips the initialization of this object. I have looked at using a method tagged with the [AssembleyInitialize] tag as a place to initialize the WebContext however have not found a way in which to do this.

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Ian

May 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't know of anyone yet to get this working with AgUnit.

AgUnit currently does not support the asynchronous features of the silverlight toolkit testing framework.
And it runs the tests from a file:/// scheme, so I'm not sure if you even can initiate http requests.

All of this is in the backlog of features still to be implemented in one of the upcoming releases.

What would be of tremendous help for me to develop this, would be a sample project.
If you could provide me with a sample project that has one of these tests that hit a WCF RIA Service,
I'll try to get it up and running as soon as I can.

Feel free to contact me.

Greetings,
Steven