AgUnit not loading

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:40 PM

AgUnit is not loading for me. When I go to the Plugins tab of the ReSharper options dialog, I see the following under "Show developer information". Any idea what's going on here?

Plugins Discovery Information:
Info StandardPluginFolders: Collected plugins from 2 plugin folders and 0 outside-any-folder files under the standard plugins location “C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins” (hidden files and folders were ignored, if any).

Info DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: Looking for plugins among 18 files in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit” folder and its subfolders.

Info DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin file “C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\AgUnit.Runner.Resharper60.dll” with plugin title “AgUnit 0.4.2 for R# 6.0” is eligible for loading as a plugin assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\AgUnit.Runner.Resharper60.pdb could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Info DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin file “C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\AgUnit.Runner.Resharper60.TaskRunner.dll” with plugin title “AgUnit 0.4.2 for R# 6.0” is eligible for loading as a plugin assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\AgUnit.Runner.Resharper60.TaskRunner.pdb could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\LICENSE.txt could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\README.txt could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.April2010.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.Feb2011.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.July2009.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.June2011.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.March2010.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.May2010.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.November2009.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.October2009.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.UnitDrivenDecember2009.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Client.For.XUnitContribApril2011.xap could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.
Info DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin file “C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Core.dll” with plugin title “” is eligible for loading as a plugin assembly.

Error DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: The plugin “AgUnit” file C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\StatLight.Core.pdb could not be loaded as valid a .NET assembly.

Info DiscoverPluginsInDirectory: Creating one plugin out of 2 plugin assemblies that have the same plugin title “AgUnit 0.4.2 for R# 6.0” and 1 anonymous plugin assemblies that go alongside them.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM

After some experimentation, I've got tests working. It all has to do with how you install AgUnit.

1) Download the zip file and save it somewhere, don't open it straight from the browser.

2) Unblock the zip file BEFORE opening it.

3) Unzip the files and copy them to the ReSharper plugins folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v6.0\Bin\Plugins\AgUnit\)

Sep 23, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Yes, blocked assemblies are a problem.

This is listed in the FAQ:

• The plugin shows an error and fails to load!
Make sure Windows is not blocking any of the assemblies: for all the files (dll, pdb, xap, ...), open the file properties (right click in explorer > Properties) and click the "Unblock" button if present.
You can avoid this by using something like 7-zip instead of the built-in windows zip utility to extract AgUnit.

I didn't know you could unblock the zip file first though, thanks.

Greetings,

Steven

Sep 30, 2011 at 1:22 PM

The interesting thing is that I tried that first. When I tried to unblock each file individually, it wouldn't "stick". Unblocking the files BEFORE moving them to the ReSharper plugins folder seems to be the key.