Statlight extensions

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Does AgUnit support statlight extensions? http://statlight.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Extensibility%20Documentation&referringTitle=Documentation

Are there any additional/different steps I need to take to make it work?

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I haven't investigated it yet but I don't really see why it shouldn't work.

It might be looking in the main ReSharper folder though for the assembly.
I suggest you place it next to StatLight.Core.dll first, if that doesn't work, try putting it in the main ReSharper folder.

I can look into it if you want to ...

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Ok, it wasn't working when I put it in subfolder, I'll try the root one instead, and I'll try out the 0.6.1 version too.

cheers

--
Krzysztof Kozmic

On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 at 8:41 AM, SDeKock wrote:

I haven't investigated it yet but I don't really see why it shouldn't work.

It might be looking in the main ReSharper folder though for the assembly.
I suggest you place it next to StatLight.Core.dll first, if that doesn't work, try putting it in the main ReSharper folder.

I can look into it if you want to ...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (agunit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email agunit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Actually, it might also be looking in your test projects output folder ...

I'll have to get back to you on this, let me check it out.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM
ok, thanks

--
Krzysztof Kozmic

On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 at 8:47 AM, SDeKock wrote:

Actually, it might also be looking in your test projects output folder ...

I'll have to get back to you on this, let me check it out.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (agunit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email agunit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I can confirm it looks in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v7.0\Bin\Extensions

I'm trying a test extension now.

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Ok, I'll try that folder too.

cheers,

@K
Aug 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM
I can confirm that when put in C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v7.0\Bin\Extensions the extension gets picked up and executed :)

Thanks for your help.

--
Krzysztof Kozmic

On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 at 9:11 AM, SDeKock wrote:

I can confirm it looks in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\ReSharper\v7.0\Bin\Extensions

I'm trying a test extension now.

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM

This worked for me:

using System.Windows.Forms;
using StatLight.Core.Events;

namespace TestStatLightExtension
{
    public class TestStatLightExtension : ITestingReportEvents
    {
        public void Handle(TestCaseResultServerEvent message)
        {
            MessageBox.Show("Hello world!");
        }

public void Handle(TraceClientEvent message)
        {
        }

public void Handle(BrowserHostCommunicationTimeoutServerEvent message)
        {
        }

public void Handle(FatalSilverlightExceptionServerEvent message)
        {
        }

public void Handle(UnhandledExceptionClientEvent message)
        {
        }
    }
}

However, if there's an exception, it gets sent to the ILogger of StatLight, which is implemented as a Debug.Write() in AgUnit, 
so you might not see it without the debugger attached.
You can try putting a Debug.Break() as the first line of the plugin to attach. That way you should get the JIT-debugging dialog ...

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Ok, great!

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM
ok,

is there a way for AgUnit to get access to ReSharper's internal logger and log there instead?

--
Krzysztof Kozmic

On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 at 9:19 AM, SDeKock wrote:

This worked for me:

using System.Windows.Forms;
using StatLight.Core.Events;

namespace TestStatLightExtension
{
    public class TestStatLightExtension : ITestingReportEvents
    {
        public void Handle(TestCaseResultServerEvent message)
        {
            MessageBox.Show("Hello world!");
        }

public void Handle(TraceClientEvent message)
        {
        }

public void Handle(BrowserHostCommunicationTimeoutServerEvent message)
        {
        }

public void Handle(FatalSilverlightExceptionServerEvent message)
        {
        }

public void Handle(UnhandledExceptionClientEvent message)
        {
        }
    }
}

However, if there's an exception, it gets sent to the ILogger of StatLight, which is implemented as a Debug.Write() in AgUnit, 
so you might not see it without the debugger attached.
You can try putting a Debug.Break() as the first line of the plugin to attach. That way you should get the JIT-debugging dialog ...

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I don't think so, the tests are being executed in a process outside of devenv.exe (one of JetBrains.ReSharper.TaskRunner.*.exe depending on target platform).

It uses some remoting to communicate back, but I don't think there's any support for logging in it. 

The code runs in full trust so you can always just write to a file ...

Aug 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM
ok, that's good enough.

--
Krzysztof Kozmic

On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 at 9:27 AM, SDeKock wrote:

I don't think so, the tests are being executed in a process outside of devenv.exe (one of JetBrains.ReSharper.TaskRunner.*.exe depending on target platform).

It uses some remoting to communicate back, but I don't think there's any support for logging in it.

The code runs in full trust so you can always just write to a file ...