Support for R# 8.1

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:16 AM

R# 8.1 was released yesterday. An update to support 8.1 would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Edited Dec 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM
I have some time to work on it tomorrow.

In the meanwhile it would be of great help if you could test the AgUnit 0.8 release and see if that still works with R# 8.1.
Dec 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I tested AgUnit 0.8 with R# 8.1 today. It did not work. All tests were ignored.

I then rolled back to R# 8.0.2. I first uninstalled 8.1 and then installed 8.0.2 fresh. My tests are working again.
Jan 7, 2014 at 7:11 AM
I can also confirm that v0.8 doesn't work with R# 8.1. Any plans on an update? Thanks
Jan 7, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Yes, but I can't promise a timeframe.
Jan 7, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Thanks Sean - I'll keep monitoring for the update
Jan 14, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Any news about the update?
Mar 2, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Hi, I could use an 8.1 compatible version, so I was going to take a quick look and see if I can figure out what's wrong. Before I do, is there anything specific I need? I assume a R# SDK and I should be golden?
Mar 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM
The AgUnit codebase is from before there even was a R# SDK. So you don't need it.

The .csproj files however have a reference path to the R# installation folder:
You will need to edit them and change 8.0 into 8.1.
Mar 3, 2014 at 10:43 PM
Bizarrely that makes me very happy :) I'll have a look at it early this week.
Mar 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Had a quick 10 minute look. Seems to be a lot of changes in 8.1 which wreck agUnit. The registry entries mentioned in the .csproj files don't exist, but that's easily fixed by adding the actual path. Then you get breaking changes in the code. Various Jetbrains types have different constructors. Some just need parameters moved around, others are of types not mentioned anywhere in the code near by (IShellWindow?? from memory, VS crashed thereby telling me to go to bed).

So I would say it's going to be a bit more fiddly than I first hoped.
Mar 4, 2014 at 5:43 AM
I also had a quick look (1-2 hours) to see whether I can get it up and running with R# 8.1. Ran into the same issue though that the R# SDK seems to have changed. I tried discovering the way to fix it using Reflector and some Googling but after an 1-2 hours gave up not having enough experience with the R# SDK to see how to fix things. I might continue my efforts a later time. It also appears that if one could drop the support for VS 2010, one could simplify things quite a bit.
May 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM
The release for ReSharper 8.2 is available on the Extension Gallery (In Visual Studio: RESHARPER > Extension Manager...).

As I no longer use this myself in a professional environment anymore, I have not been able to test this thoroughly.
Please notify me of any issues.